Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Some New works



Hi All,


Here are some images of works that I have recently painted in oils. The portrait  with the green background was inspired by Lady Smaggle's (www.smagglestyle.com) idea of the ultimate accessorising  being the wearing of a bird as a fascinator. So I used that as a starting point and filtered the whole thing through the Victorian aesthetic. I  am trying to create these imaginary portraits which have a sort of timeless quality about them. The other image is a detail of a larger painting that is not quite finished yet (who knows where that one will go?).


Another artist I am interested in at the moment is Camille Rose Garcia. I have also started looking at the background art of the classic Disney films of the 40's and 50's such as Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.


Love ged x

 

2 comments:

Miss Schlegel said...

So lovely.

There's also an element of Anime in your work. And something about these little girls reminds me of the Cottingley fairies. Do you know about them? See two of the photos here: http://www.cottingley.net/images/cf3_lrg.jpg and here: http://www.cottingley.net/images/cf1_lrg.jpg

And the story here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottingley_Fairies

ged ( Gerald Jones) said...

Thanx Miss Schiegel,

I had never thought of the Cottingley Fairies will have a look at them ...... suppose its the influence of the Victorian Portraits I have been looking at ?

Thanx again ged

gedart

My photo
Artist, Illustrator, Designer, I love Painting in oils, watercolours and mixed media. ged x x x
Bookmark and Share