Sunday, April 13, 2008

Getting into it !!





Hi All,


Just starting getting into serious painting, and thought I would let you know where it is at ?


Well I don't really know where it is all going, but been having fun getting there. Been looking at various Artists and images on the Net and getting lots of Ideas. In Particular I have been looking at a lovely book I brought from Work called ' The Society Portrait ' by Gabriel Badea - Paun. Which gives me lots of ideas about  Composition, Gesture, and Light on the figure, Artists include works by Flandrin, Goya, Ingres, and Velazquez.

 I have also been looking at works by a 1960's Artist Margaret Keane, a woman who became Famous for the paintings of winsome children with big Doe eyes ( you'll know them when you see them ) 


So......  I am still painting in Oils, which makes it a bit tricky when painting at home. Some I have done on canvas others I am doing on small panels which I had laying around the house (so that was very handy) Anyhow will post a couple of photo's soon of the work ,  just waiting for the camera  batteries to recharge. If you have any other Artists or Ideas I should try please let me Know !!!


Love ged  x x x

















No comments:

gedart

My photo
Artist, Illustrator, Designer, I love Painting in oils, watercolours and mixed media. ged x x x
Bookmark and Share